Sep 7, 2013

The Giving Economy

So far being back on the island, God is providing for my income as an artist.
I am feeling superblessed I have to say.
I am doing only things I love! What a luxury.


But what excites me is that more and more I get into the giving mode. I mean: I work so I am able to give. Happily I send my invoice of freelance work and get the money on my bank account: to pay someone else for her hard work. There is a lady who cleans our house. I pay her salary. I don't have a fixed income, but how cool to give it away so someone else has her income too. And so it continues. I wanted to buy a ticket for a friend who lost both her parents due to cancer this year. In a couple of months time, both parents died. I think this is devastating. God told me to pay her ticket, which is around 700 dollars. I thought it would be totally worth it. That is, if she agrees.
I was really upset when one day I opened my laptop and the screen was all scrambled! I re-started it, i took the battery out and put it back, and still the screen was scrambled. I cried of frustration, this laptop's screen broke already 3 times. Also if I would need to buy a new one, I wouldn't be able to get this ticket for this friend. At this point I bursted out with tears.
My parents prayed for me and with me I got the same bible verse 3 times from different sources. In the end my mother switched on my laptop the next day and the screen worked as if never something was wrong with it. So when the specials arrived to buy the ticket for the friend, I told her to send me her pasport details. But she actually declined. It would be too much for her and she atually needed to stay at home (or her place in Amsterdam) to calm down from all the traveling up and down (she is not Dutch) and so traveling again was just too much. I totally understood. She also wanted to pay the ticket herself if she would come. I said, well I can at least pay half of it.
Anyway, she didn't reply and I think the idea for her to retreat here and come to rest was good, but still it was the timing that wasn't right.
Meanwhile I got a severe lower back pain. It is the bed I am sleeping on. I do exercises regularly but when I get op the next morning my lower back is like a block. I spend the ticket money on a bed especially for my back, with special mattrass. It was a big investment, the bed was like 900 dollars.  Well, my back got only worse! And the shop doesn't take back what they sell. I hate that, they should stop being darn greedy and if the costumer is not happy with the product they should get their money back. Especially for such a expensive purchase. Again we prayed for them to take it back. She said she will try to let the manufacturer take it back. 2 weeks later, still now news. I am learning how to do biblical budgetting, but i think the bed wasn't budgeted, it was just a urgent need. I thought I prayed about it with God, but i don't know for sure. Now this bed is just laying there, it's a delicious bed, but not for my back :(

Als I am working on the generating automatic income, to become economically independent or self-sufficient. This has been consuming most of my time instead taking action for the Art Ship and Platform. This makes sense because I already need to sustain myself first.
I will start a family business with my cousin. I got into this innovation prize competition already. Exciting! I have a green idea. It might really take off and be an success. No, it will, let's trust!

I will make the Book-an-artist website. It's all designed already. I will make the christian caribbean dating website. (but this one is free) And also the christiann version of airbnb.com if there isn't one yet. Ideas enough and work enough. And next to that I'm working on my art projects. Joy!

Okay! Gotta go bring food for my grandma and do some shopping. It is so extremely hot today.

No comments: