Jan 2, 2014

How we control

Normally visions or drams that are big stuff you ask if it is God's will. But I should also ask God's will for like everything, really. 
We still control most of our lives. And then we wonder why we still are at the same stage in life?

Check out the story of the man God called 'fool'. If God calls you a fool, you are really in trouble because God normally doesn't call people names like that.
 

The Parable of the Rich Fool (Luke 12. NIV)

13 Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”
14 Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?” 15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”
16 And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. 17 He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’
18 “Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. 19 And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’
20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’
21 “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”
 
The rich man God called the fool actually had exactly everything the way he wanted it to be. He thought he had it made. He had everything he worked hard for. Actually, he was taking decisions in life totally without considering God. He had no need and no space for God. God wasn't necessary in the process of things in his life.  He was rich but not rich toward God.
Although... that same life he had can be gone that same night.
Next to that: there is still sooo much insight about God to discover. Sometimes we get so close, and this is when you feel rich. When the Holy Spirit illuminates you. 

Anything in  my life that hinders me from relying upon, thrusting and obeying God becomes a god in my life. Now you know what slows you down or holds you back or makes you bored with your christian life. But anything that actually makes me need to rely more upon him, thrust him even more and make me obey Him more are fine. They work, because God is involved.
I just need to make a list of things God can require of me to give up. He knows what works best for me.

I think God will continue to lighten my path and make me stronger and move me towards His plans. I believe so. I'm excited for this and what I DO like about a beginning of a new year is that you can start out well. In the course of the year it goes backwards again, but at least you start out well, let's see how far in this year we can take it.

No comments: