Jun 23, 2010

day 3 and 4






days 3 and 4
I work my ass of on the animation and then just suddenly lose two hours because I really do not kknow the ins and outs of Flash Pro. But my intelligence will not let me completely in the lurch and I'm learning bits and pieces, more and more.
Went to the embassy Wednesday. I wanted to go cycling, according to Ernest only 20 minutes. I was biking nicely half an hour in the wrong direction. Fine. So went back, put the bike on a side, picked the bus and went into town. It was beautiful weather. The lady at the embassy is super fun and makes me think of aunt Adrie. I should call my aunt tonight. the ambassy lady lives a couple of years in each country. Actually ideal. Her husband, she has got to know him while she was in Yemen, is her housewife. He is also deliciously disturbed as she is. So refreshing this loving couple. I'm so happy to encounter these much loosening and less dry Dutch for a change.

Meanwhile I learn a great deal about the Polymer Culture Factory. They therefore do not get any grant or anything but only rent. They are not like legally registered and all and they do nothing to renovate or maintenance because there is simply no money actually. Only what is really really necessary they fix.
This inspires me a great deal for the quarantine hospital in Curacao. To simply just start from scratch. And with time to expand. Only is it a monument. But as it looks now it can't get any worse anyway.

I've seen the old town and really want to devote some days to discover it more. And so also the coast where the ferries are. Interesting environment there! about the comment I only discovered today (sorry, i think nobody reads this blog) It is the lady from the ambassy that calls her husband housewife, and he likes it too. But I don't think the 'head of the family' is only the one who provides financially for a family. There is more to it, to be the head of the family. You must also be able to protect, for example, and in the end to take the call for mayor decisions. Whatever Jesus does to the church, how he takes care of her, is the example of what the head of a family does as well. But no, as in this subject in my art I am not so into finding ways to get opinions of western society of today, equal the biblical standards or find ways to make biblical ways match up to how we want to see things today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Avantia, shouldnot de husband of the woman working at the ambasy be called her House husband?

As she travels around teh world, he is folowing his wife. She is the head of their family. This is quite a inspiration for the new generation of couples. Isnot it?

What makes this couple succesfull in accepting a role which is so different to the bible version of the role of the man and the woman? Does art proclaim new insights of role models for men and womans?

Unknown said...

Your raports are inspirating for me as I am travelling also. Its nice to be more aware of nature and the nature of peoplewe meet while travelling.

Thank you for this inspiration.
Lucien